Lisa wrote a beautiful poem and has given me permission to post it here.
It’s been a year now
At this same time last Spring
When I received a telephone call
That would tragically change everything
I can still hear Kristy’s voice
As it quivered with her words
Giving me the worst news
That I have ever heard
The urgency we felt
As we all called each other
When we didn’t know for sure
What had happened to our mother
The drive to the hospital
Seemed in slow motion to me
I didn’t know what to expect
Or what my eyes would see
My mind knew the answer as soon as we arrived
But my heart would not agree
I could see it in my family’s faces
As they waited outside for me
No one would look at me
Except for Chelle alone
She forced a quick smile upon her face
Which didn’t last for long
Dale broke the news to Sherri and I
With Kristy by his side
It just didn’t seem real
As we all hugged and cried
I remember so many details
About that sad day
But I don’t mean to relive it
Or sound morbid in any way
I just wanted to say how thankful I was
That we were all together then
I remember how the room was so full of family
And some of Mom’s friends
So let’s cherish all the good memories
As we remember Mom today
I’m thinking of you all and I love you
Is what I really wanted to say
lwm 3/09
At this same time last Spring
When I received a telephone call
That would tragically change everything
I can still hear Kristy’s voice
As it quivered with her words
Giving me the worst news
That I have ever heard
The urgency we felt
As we all called each other
When we didn’t know for sure
What had happened to our mother
The drive to the hospital
Seemed in slow motion to me
I didn’t know what to expect
Or what my eyes would see
My mind knew the answer as soon as we arrived
But my heart would not agree
I could see it in my family’s faces
As they waited outside for me
No one would look at me
Except for Chelle alone
She forced a quick smile upon her face
Which didn’t last for long
Dale broke the news to Sherri and I
With Kristy by his side
It just didn’t seem real
As we all hugged and cried
I remember so many details
About that sad day
But I don’t mean to relive it
Or sound morbid in any way
I just wanted to say how thankful I was
That we were all together then
I remember how the room was so full of family
And some of Mom’s friends
So let’s cherish all the good memories
As we remember Mom today
I’m thinking of you all and I love you
Is what I really wanted to say
lwm 3/09
No comments:
Post a Comment