Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Frog

Saturday morning when Chris left for work we noticed a frog had attached itself to the side of the house. I took several pictures and this one was the best one. It's still a little out of focus even though I used auto-focus. I guess I was still partially asleep or nervous trying to perch myself on the back steps to take the picture!

I went to the hymn sing Saturday afternoon and enjoyed it but it was quite emotional. Lisa and Bekah were there as well. Bruce and Andy Mansfield performed after the "meal break". Dale and Linda were able to make it there after they attended a friends wedding and reception. It was quite an emotional day. Mama organized the first hymn sing (this was the third) and was working on lining up people for this one. There were a lot of remembrances of her which were very touching. The silk flowers that were given by someone (either the church or the senior center) were being used on the table in front of the pulpit. As soon as the first person started to perform I went to pieces. I told Lisa I didn't think I'd be able to stay but was able to make it through all of the tears till the end.

I took pictures of each person/group that performed and will make a movie to post soon. I also was able to get a short video of Bruce and Andy performing. I'll have to apologise for the pictures that were taken of people singing. They were all blurry and I think it was because I was crying while taking the pictures. The only one that turned out was the one Lisa took of me!

I understand they are planning another hymn sing for sometime in September.

Bekah rode to NC with Dale to pick up Nett and Cal. I know she is having a good time! I look forward to seeing Nett, Mike and Cal before they head back home.

Friday night Chelle, Linda, Pam and I went to El Puerto for my b/day dinner! We had a nice time. I couldn't help but remember that mama always use to order "Number 8!"

Chelle's close friend that had leukemia passed away Friday morning and the funeral was yesterday. Please keep the family and friends of Suzie in your thoughts and prayers. Suzie has a little boy that is about 11 years old from what I understand. Even though it is hard to lose someone her pain and suffering are no longer and she is in heaven.

No comments: