Afton Christian School took a field trip to Safari Park at Natural Bridge yesterday! We had a lot of fun and would like to go back. Let's plan a family/friend trip. We can get group rates . Groups ridge on wagons, which I believe I prefer over taking your car through the park. I don't like the idea of the animals sticking their head inside the vehicle to eat. I'm posting a few pictures of the 100 I took. Russell also took pictures with a disposable 35 mm camera and we'll have those developed soon too. Check out the park's website http://www.virginiasafaripark.com/geninfo.htm
Bekah and Russell prior to the wagon pulling out to feed the animals.
The camel eating out of Russell's bucket
By the look on Russell's face he doesn't appear to have enjoyed the animal eating out of his bucket much. He got use to it as the trip progressed.
An elk with velvet on it's horns.
These little piggies won't be going to the market! (thank goodness!)
Beautiful peacock
Baby kangaroo
Giraffe at the feeding station
If you enlarge this picture you should be able to see the four day old giraffe
More giraffe feeding
Russell feeding the giraffe!
Russell and Bekah on a turtle statue
Yes, even flamingo's!
A lemur. He was at the back of the fence until we walked up and just as I was about to snap a picture he jumped onto the front fence.
More Russell and Bekah having a good time.
Today we are celebrating Justice's birthday which is May 14th. Christopher's is tomorrow, Mother's Day and we are celebrating that as well. I'll take pictures from the cookout/party and post those, hopefully tomorrow.
1 comment:
Thanks for inviting us. Wish we could have made it. Looks like you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment