Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Update of What's Been Goin On

I'm off all this week! This is Russell's last week of school. He had a field trip today to Hershey and Water Gardens in Stuarts Draft. Tomorrow is Field Day and I'll be there with my camera. Thursday is awards day with early dismissal and graduation is Friday night at 7 and of course I'll be there with my camera for those as well.

Saturday I cleaned out all the drawers in the pantry and lined them with new paper. I cleaned out several areas in our bedroom that had accumulated way more than they should have. I cleaned our Russell's closet and dresser drawers as well as the closet in our room and placed a lot of things in the Yard Sale pile. (more on that later). I raked the garden and am now ready to mark off my rows. I hope to have everything planted by the end of the week. We still need to put up the electric fence to keep "varmits" away.

Today I worked on item sheets for the Silent Auction portion of the Berries and Bid$ Auction (5/31) and will be working on that as much as necessary the remainder of the week. We can't set up the area for the auction until after Thursday nights graduation.

I have a hair appointment tomorrow at 3:00.

I'm expecting my trial pair of contact lens to come in soon. I'm trying a multi-focal lens in my right eye. I have too much astigmatism in my left eye to get the multi-focal lens for it.

I also need to pick up a card and a little something for Russell's teacher.

We are planning on a yard sale for June 7th. Russell and Bekah are supposed to sell hot dogs and lemonade. We'll start that morning and run until about 12 unless we are busy. Most things that are left will go to Good Will.

Chris has been working with his brother at the house in Barboursville. They have put on a new roof. They've taken pictures of the damage made by the former tenants. Steve is off this week and is painting the exterior of the house.

Mary starts her chemo this week and went today for a scan to see if cancer is anywhere else in her body. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. She has a positive outlook and is looking to God for her strength.

Chris has also been working on installing chrome on the handlebars of my bike. I have some before and after pictures. Left side / before; right side / after. He would have been finished but the the clutch lever that came in did not fit so he had to order a replacement one and it hasn't come in yet. I'll take another picture of it in the sun once it's complete.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure missing you at work this week, but it sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you. Everything sounds like fun though.
I'll give you a call later this week....Love the picture of Mom...
Talk to you later,

Judy.