Saturday, June 7, 2008

Auction and Yard Sale Success

The Afton Christian School first annual Berries and Bids Auction was a success! We netted around $11,700.00.

We already set the date for next years auction. It will be May 16th - so MARK YOUR CALENDARS and come on out and support Afton Christian School! We can use your donations of new or antique items or your time to assist with any number of items.

We had a yard sale today and it was soooooo hot out! I finally got back in the house around 2:00. Chris and I made a little over $200.00 and Russell made $20.00. I packed up stuff on the pick-ups but I need to go back out when it cools off and put things in boxes. We are going to take most of it to the Good Will tomorrow. I have all of Russell's clothes, a bike and a few comforters that I will be taking to a girl at work and hope to be able to sell those to her. We still have a few more things that we want to put in another yard sale. It was just too hot last night to pull out any more things. The next sale will be a smaller one and I will have it in the front yard. Today's yard sale was under mama's car port. Bruce came by and went to pick up our lunch for us which was a nice treat.

I'm sitting in the house with the A/C on *AND* the fan blowing on me to cool off. My next mission is to clean the house and wash clothes. I want to try and get everything done today because Russell wants to try and make it to the movies tomorrow. I hope my energy holds out.

I talked to Chris earlier today and he said in Charlottesville (he's working outside) it was 104 degrees in the shade! I know he will be glad to get home and sit in the cool.

Russell made honor roll for the last semester at school. He was pleased. Chris gave him $50.00 for his accomplishment! He also earned $20.00 from us for picking up rocks from the garden and doing a few other chores.

Russell started summer camp at the Rockfish River School YMCA camp on Monday. They had a busy week. Some of the things they did were visiting Vito's in Lovingston on Thursday where they were shown how to make a pizza. Friday they went to Fun Quest in Lynchburg. He has enjoyed it so far. He goes to camp every other week.

Russell will be going to his Dad's late Sunday.

Chris and I are heading down to OBX on Monday and coming back on Thursday. We are meeting Judy and Gary down there. We are planning on a few more trips over the summer when Russell will be going too.

Guess I'll hope in the tub and take a bath to cool off a bit more. Then I'll head down to the IGA - need to get some sugar to make more sweet tea!

No comments: