Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!

Yesterday we went to the celebration at the pond across the road from the Church of the Blue Ridge. There was music, food and fireworks! A lot of people were there. The Piney Mountain Boys (Bruce, Andy Mansfield and the bass player) performed. Next person up was me! Then Donna Cain's daughter. The Faithful Men gave about an hour long show. Donna Cain sang as did the Worship Band from CBR.

The fireworks were great.

We got home a little before 10:30 last night. Russell went to lie down on the bed and feel asleep before we could tell him good night.

Today we slept in. I walked down to the garden and discovered that there were some kind of bugs eating my squash plant. I put gloves on, turned off the electric fence and started getting the bugs off. I went to the True Value store and picked up some Sevin (sp?) dust, came back and dusted all of my plants. After that we *finally* finished picking up the piles of rock out of the garden. Thank goodness for that. We have the mower and trailer parked at the garden now and will put rocks in the trailer as they surface. I didn't think we were expecting rain but it sure looks as if we might get some. If we do I'll be dusting the garden plants again.

Chris gave me a quick lesson on driving the tractor so here are a few pictures he took, using his camera phone, of me on the tractor. Also one shot of one of the 11 piles of rock we picked up out of the garden when we plowed and tilled. I guess my next lesson will be on the tiller. Neither of these jobs do I want to continue but it's nice to know how if I ever want or need to use the equipment.


No comments: