Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Trees & Plants In The Yard

We had a HUGE tree in the front yard that died over the winter. It is now on the ground. We had some people take it down today and when I got home this is what the front yard looked like. After taking pictures of the downed tree I decided to take some shots of my garden and my lonely hanging basket. I've gotten two cukes out of the garden and will have a few more in as many days. Should have some green beans by the weekend and I have one squash with many more blooms. I have lots of tomatoes, you might be able to see some on the vines in some of the pictures. Now if we would only get some rain!

UPDATE - The tree wasn't cut down by the folks we thought! Apparently the phone company cut it down --- we (and Dale) had a few conversations with an employee of the phone company about the possibility of cutting the tree down since the phone lines were running right beside the tree. At any rate, the tree is down and we now have to clean up the remains.



The downed tree. They took out the top and then took down the rest.










Garden and Hanging Plant and one Glad that is blooming









Look closely you can see a cuke or two


No comments: