Saturday, June 14, 2008

Waugh Bike Show

Today we went to the Annual Bike Show in Orange at Waugh Harley Davidson. We got there about 10 and parked our bikes in the designated places. Then we had to hang out until 4 for the awards to be announced..
It was well worth the wait. Chris received 2nd place in his class (Heritage Classic Semi-Custom) and I received 1st place in my class (Sportster Stock). I took pictures of our awards but they don't show up well. They are clear and we had to hold something up behind them to show the printing. Chris has done a great job on both of our bikes and I thank him for all he did to help me receive the award.
There were a lot of pretty bikes at the show and I'm posting some pictures of the two that stood out the most to us.
Chris' award
My award
Gas tank of Beatles themed bike

Check out the seat! It has 45 records stitched into it.

Other side of tank

Back side of Mirror (Stub of ticket he used for a concert in 1965)

Pirate Themed bike (skull and swords on wheel)
Back side of mirror of Pirate bike

Rear fender
Gas tank (this side had a pistol mounted)

The other side had a sword for the shifter.

The storm caught us coming home and I had water swishing around in my boots when I got home. I hope they dry out by tomorrow so I can use those when we go riding again. Hopefully I can ride to church tomorrow morning if the weather cooperates.





2 comments:

Nett said...

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Chris is out washing his now. He washed mine yesterday. (we got caught in the rain on Saturday and Sunday!)

Kris