Monday, February 18, 2008

Back In The Groove

Back to work and back to school today. The usual at work. Arrive a little before 8 and didn't leave until 5:15. Had a departmental meeting today and one of our crew is leaving for a digital project manager position at the Library of Congress. Her last day is in April. We are unsure if we will keep the position. Once a position is vacated at the Library it goes back into the pool of open positions and may or may not be assigned back to the department from which it came. One more week and Andrew will return from his honeymoon. I'm hoping to be able to take off the first week of March and the week of Easter. Hopefully I'll be able to do so.

Picked up Russell and discovered he had received a sentence (Bible verse) to write 10 times. He had to write Proverbs 10:19

When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

He has written this before. He has a hard time limiting what he speaks! I know he gets that honest :) but I'm trying to teach him he needs to hold his tongue. He forgot his History book and has a test on two Chapters tomorrow. He will be getting up early, we will get to school around 7 and pick up his book and he will be studying alone tomorrow morning before school. I'm hoping he wont' have much of a problem because he has received such good grades on test and quizes on these two chapters in the past.

I've been working on contacting local Harley Davidson shops and local motorcycle organizations to request they organize a benefit ride for Afton Christian School.

We are also working on plans for a live auction the end of May. Several mothers are working with two teachers to get this going. We are in the process of collecting items for the auction currently. I'm hoping to spend my first week off in March to travel and collect items. More on that later. Hopefully some of you can make it to the auction.

Guess I'd better sign off and get ready for bed.

1 comment:

Nett said...

When we had a silent auction we sent out letters to ask for contributions. We got a great response. Give Rus a hug for me!