Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's back to work tomorrow. I have been so exhausted from work that I didn't really do much of anything these past two days. Chris worked yesterday and I met him in Charlottesville. We needed to leave the 2004 Silverado at Jim Price Chevrolet to have the On-Star upgraded from analog to digital. We ordered and paid for the part on January 3rd but it didn't come in until Monday. We received a call from one of the service people, Sandra who left me a message indicating I had to have the truck in there in 3-4 days or the part would be returned. I knew we couldn't get the truck there before weeks end and left her several messages. After not hearing from her I called the service manager, Ray Marshall, to tell him that we had already paid for this part and couldn't get there until this weekend to have the part upgraded until Monday (1/25) He said that they have to pay $1000.00 daily for all that are not installed within the 3-4 days. After stating to him again that this was our part and was paid for on January 3rd he said Monday would be okay. He also said he would speak to Sandra, regarding not returning my phone calls. I hope she is no where around when I go pick up the truck tomorrow afternoon. I'll ride in with Chris when he goes to work tomorrow (he has to be there at 7AM) so it will be an earlier day than I usually have. He'll pick me up after work and we will drive out to pick up the Silverado.

Christopher called while we were in Charlottesville and we went over to Waynesboro. I visited with them while Chris went to several auto stores to pick up parts for his truck. He got everything he needed to change the oil in the truck.

I didn't get up in time to get ready for church this morning. After sitting around for a while I decided I had better get up and finish the clothes that needed washing and drying. That was this morning and I'm still working on them. I have the last load in the washer now. I decided to make a pot of chili. Got things together and had the chili in the pot but it didn't seem thick enough for me. Chris suggested we have it over spaghetti. I baked some rolls and we had spaghetti with chili sauce on it. It was pretty good. The ingredients:

1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of tomatoe/okra/corn
1 envelope of chili seasoning
1/2 bag of cranberry beans (cooked)
browned burger (amount of your choice)
garlic sauce

It was really good. I have some ready to take for my lunch tomorrow.

Chris has been working on the customizing work that he has been doing on his friend's bike. The parts that were ordered last Sunday are now in and he will need to pick those up in Lynchburg sometime this week.

Andrew returns to work tomorrow after being off for a little over two weeks for his wedding and honeymoon. I'm glad that he will be returning. I'm going to ask that he work on completing documentation for our workflows with the hope that this will eliminate the many, many questions we receive from the students.

I asked my supervisor about taking off the first week of March and the week after Easter. Shouldn't be a problem as long as Andrew is there.

A friend of mine, Judy has tickets to Cirque du Soleil and asked me to go with her Wednesday to the show. The show is at the John Paul Jones Arena. Her husband won the tickets. He is so lucky - he is always winning something! Chris is going to pick up Russell from school for me. The show starts at 7:30 and Judy and I will be getting a bite to eat before the show.

I talked to Russell Friday and Saturday night. Justice stayed with them on Friday night. He said she was good. She has always been good when I have kept her.

I talked to Christopher this morning and he said they are doing laundry today.

My brother, Dale has been sick all week with the flu. He went to the doctor and has meds to take. Please keep him in your prayers that he will be better soon.

Our last night of bible study for "The Purpose Driven Life" is Tuesday night. Please pray that I will be able to leave work early and attend this meeting. I was able to attend last week thankfully. Russell goes with me and the kids watch a movie downstairs while the adults meet upstairs. We had quite a crowd last Tuesday. There will be a covered dish meal next Sunday at 5:30 as closure for the theme of the last weeks.

Guess I'd better go check that last load of clothes!

No comments: