Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where does the time go.

It's already Wednesday. We have been sooo busy at work. Get there around 7:30 every day - check my e-mail in my office. Then it's off the our production office in another building (The Harrison Small Building that houses the Special Collections Library) which takes care of all of our digitization requests. We have about twelve students that work various hours 10-6 excpet Friday when the building closes at 5. I've been staying till around 5:30 every night for the past three to four weeks. Andrew is on his honeymoon (see previous post regarding attending his wedding) I am so tired when I get home but can't seem to sleep. I wake up and start thinking about work and can't get back to sleep.

Left work yesterday and didn't even realise the weather outside until I walked out. My cell phone doesn't pick up in the production center (we are underground) so didn't get the message from Chris regarding the weather till 5:12PM. I went home 250 and didn't have any trouble and avoided all the accidents that were all over the place.

Got home yesterday and had three roses in a vase. Two white and one red with baby's breath and greenery in it. Early Valentines from Chris.

Russell went tubing yesterday with school. He was very tired when he got home. He was complaining of his limbs hurting last night and this morning. I thought it was due to the activity he was involved in tubing but when I picked him up from after school today he had a temperature of 100 degrees. I checked him a little after we got home and it was 101 degrees. We didn't bother doing homework tonight. He had three things but they'll have to wait until he is better.

Tomorrow is the Valentines party at school and I was planning on leaving work at noon to go. (I'm room mother this year). I called another mother (Pam) who is always there to help out and told her what was going on. She said she would pick up my stuff if Russell is still sick and not able to go to school. I was going to make cup cakes but called the local grocery store to see if they had any. They had just sold out. Chris went to Lovingston to the Food Lion and picked up some for me. He is such a sweetheart.

Pam isn't feeling well so keep her in your prayers.

Chris went back to school to get his GED in September and completed the program in December of last year. He received some paperwork yesterday through work and they are having a special ceremony at the Rotunda in July for those that graduated from the program. There is a reception after the ceremony. As far as I know there will be a ceremony at the high school in Charlottesville in October when he will receive his diploma. I will keep everyone posted and let you know when that is.

I've washed up the dishes and Russell is in bed. It won't be too long before we are going to bed either.

Early Happy Valentines Day to everyone.

1 comment:

Nett said...

Hey-
I'm sooo glad you started one too. I love seeing what you guys are up to. Give Rus a hug and kiss for me. Hope he feels better!