Russell still has a slight temperature (98), stuffy nose and little bit of sore throat when he swallows. I now have a bit of a headache. I got up just after Chris left at 5:30AM to go to work and thought I was going to pass out. Started getting very hot and extreme stomach pains. Made it to the bathroom and back to bed where I must have dozed off. When Russell got up at 7:30 I felt much better and seem to be okay now except for the headache. I've been wanting some time off from work but didn't really want it to happen this way!
Russell said he had a good Valentine's Day even through his sickness. When Chris came home we all exchanged our cards. In addition to the flowers I received earlier in the week I received three beautiful cards (one made me tear up) a soft pink teddy bear, small heart box of candy and a CD of Marvin Gaye's number 1 hits. Chris loved the cards I got him. Russell received two cards (one was a Pirates of the Caribbean). He also received a box of heart candy and the Pirates of the Caribbean / Curse of the Black Pearl DVD. Now his collection is complete. He's hoping for the fourth movie in the series. We also dropped off the party supplies at the school and picked up his bag of Valentines. He read them all before we got back home.
The steak dinner went well. We had sirloin with mushrooms, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls. For dessert I had made some chocolate chip muffins. Dale was cooking steak too from what I understand. I wonder how many steak dinners are cooked at home on Valentine's Day?
Russell finished up his home work from Wednesday and his class work from Thursday. He was in bed by his normal time of 8:30.
Chris is working till about 1 today and then heading to Lynchburg Harley Davidson to pick up a new bike for his friend, Glen. When he was hooking up the enclosed trailer to the truck he discovered a crack in the front portion of the trailer. We suspect that the wind blew limbs onto the trailer on Sunday and caused the damage. He has e-mailed the company to see if there is a replacement part available.
Chris is working tomorrow for UVa and will need to leave around 5:30 instead of his usual 6:30 for his second job. He'll also get off earlier hopefully.
I'm hoping to have baked chicken breast with maybe rice and a cream of mushroom gravy for supper tonight. Depends on how the day progresses and how I feel by this afternoon.
We are planning on taking Russell for pizza Saturday or Sunday. He received a certificate for a free pizza with the Book It program at school. He loves to read! He is doing good in school but struggling a bit with Science. He did so well in Science last year. He has not yet decided on what he wants his science project to be this year. He keeps talking about doing a volcano but I'm trying to sway him away from that because so many people do it.
My cousin, Randy Carter, had a heart attack yesterday and underwent surgery. Mama called last night to say he had five blockages. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. I understand he came through the surgery well. God has given him more time on earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment