Sunday, March 2, 2008

Off From Work This Week!

I'm off from work this week! Yippie!

Tomorrow I plan on going out to get some donations for the Berries and Bid$ Auction being held at Afton Christian School the end of May. I hope to see Christopher tomorrow while I'm in Waynesboro. Tuesday's weather forecast is calling for rain so I'll stay around home and clean / wash clothes. Wednesday (and probably Thursday) I'll head out for more donations for the auction. Friday will be a day off for Chris and we'll spend the day together.

Chris has been sick since Tuesday of last week. He was able to get an appointment with his doctor on Friday and is taking antibiotics and a few other meds. The doctor was unsure if it's a sinus infection or the flu but gave him the antibiotics in the event there is an infection in his body. From what I've read on the internet about the flu, it comes on you fast (which this did & Russell had the same thing a few weeks ago) and a cold takes a while to come on. Chris has had body aches, stuffy nose, sore throat, head ache and I believe a temperature. The reason I *think* he had a temperature is that he feels warmer than usual but when I take his temp it is only around 97 degrees. Other times it has been 95 degrees. We are going to take his temp once he is well to see what kind of reading we get. His headache had gone away yesterday but came back this afternoon. We did make it to the grocery store (which we really needed to do) but his head started hurting more while we were out. I called the pharmacy to see if he could take something for his head ache in conjuction with the other meds he is on and they gave the all clear for him to do so. He has had a cold cloth on his head a large part of the evening.

Russell will begin his science project this week. He wants to do a volcano but told me Thursday night that his teacher said he couldn't. I'm going to talk to her tomorrow when I pick him up and let her know that he will be using several different types of chemicals, reading about the types of volcanoes, etc. I think once she knows this he will be able to proceed. I believe he will do a much better job if the project is something he is really interested in rather than something else. He will be making three different volanoes and using different chemicals to create the "eruption". I can't wait for him to do this and see the expression's of excitement on his face while working on it. He is with his Dad this weekend and they are supposed to be working on a base for the volcanoe's. It will be 2' x 3' with a border around it so the "lava" won't spill over the edge. Some of the ingredients are vinegar and baking soda (the usual), mentos and diet soda. I can't remember what the third item is. I've been reading on the internet how to make "salt dough" and the recipe calls for flour but can't find if it needs to be plain flour or self rising flour OR if it matters. If any of you know what type flour to use or if it matters please let me know.

Dale is still sick and made another trip to the doctor this week. He is better but not over his sickness completely.

Mom just called me to say that he is taking her to her doctor's appointment in Waynesboro tomorrow morning.

Mama, Lisa and Bekah went to see Waverly and Colton this week and reported that the baby sleeps all day and stays up all night. I can't wait for everyone around me to be well so I can go visit.

I talked to Chelle one night this week and she reported that her friend who had the transplant is doing well. Praise God!

There is going to be a benefit for Debbie Beaver at Hebron Baptist Church next Saturday at 5PM. I understand they are having a spaghetti dinner. We also are having a meal at 2PM with the bible study group that has been getting together to study Purpose Driven Life.

Please keep all of these people in your prayers.

We had baked chicken for supper tonight. I'm hoping to be able to start a diet of sorts tomorrow. Cut back on what I eat and drink. This will be hard to do but I need to try and lose some weight.

I went to Cirque Du Soleil Wednesday night at the John Paul Jones Arena. It was very interesting. Chris picked up Russell (even though I told him I wouldn't go because he was not feeling well. He told me to go because I needed to do something fun since I had been working so much). They stopped at Ashley's on the way home and Russell got pizza for supper. Chris said he came home and worked on his patriotic poster for school and studied for his Science quiz. Russell took his bath and was in bed at 8:30 (usual time) and Chris went to bed too. I got home about 10:30. It was hard to get up the next morning!

We finished all of the 35 mm slides we had in hand at the office which needed to be scanned and processed (probably close to 2000) and I'm glad that those are finished! We will have a delivery of about 500 on Monday that will be processed. We had a back log from the beginning of January when we did not have student employees and we also took this task on from aonther area of our unit which caused our backlog. The students are on spring break this week but we have 2-3 that will be in/out this week and they can also work more than their normal hours. Another full time staff member is out of classes this week so it shouldn't be any problem getting the new slides processed and a few other tasks completed. I picked a good week to be off as to not make it hard on fellow staff members. I'll also be off the week after Easter Sunday and am looking forward to that. Things should be calmer at work then as well since we will be fully staffed and have worked through our backlogs this coming week.

Matthew had a birthday on the 28th and Guy on the 24th. Happy Birthday to you both!

Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: