We all seem to be over our sicknesses, thank goodness.
We went to church this morning and have finished up the Sunday services for "The Purpose Driven Life" We have two more weekly sessions left because we had to cancel out two due to weather. I was able to make it to the first weekly session but have been working so much that I haven't been able to make it to others. I really want to make it to the one this Tuesday. Lisa told me she had been keeping notes for me but has misplaced them. Hopefully she can locate those and I'll have them for Tuesday's meeting.
After church we rode to Lynchburg. Chris has been customizing a bike for his friend and had to take some bike parts that were incorrect back to the Harley shop. He exchanged the incorrect parts for correct ones and some are also on backorder. They had a lot of boots/shoes on clearance and I tried on a pair. As my luck has it, they were one size too small. I went by the sales counter and started a conversation with the sales lady. She wanted to know how old Russell is and said how cute he is. She said 10 was such a cute age. I told her "he has his moments" :) Just as Chris came up he asked me if the boots fit. I told him I needed an 8 and they didn't have any on the table. The lady said she had the pair of 8's on hold and asked if I was the lady that had called and asked they be held. I told her no but tried on the 8's anyway. They fit! She told me the person she was holding them for had 15 more minutes before her "hold time" was up. We left our phone number with the lady, told her we would be in Lynchburg for a while this afternoon and asked if she would call us if the woman decided against the boots. We went to Harbor Freight and looked around. Found a pair of binoculars there, which I needed to watch my birds with. My previous pair were no longer working correctly. While there the HD saleslady called me and said the woman came in and needed a pair of 7.5's instead of the 8's! Yippie! I finally found some riding boots I liked, were comfortable and were a good price. We traveled back down the road to the HD shop and as I started to open the door Chris told me he would get them. When he came back out he told me "Happy Birthday". I told him it was a little early for my b-day present since my b-day was in April. He said he couldn't ask the shop to hold them for two months and knew he couldn't get them and hide them for two months. He and I both have learned that if we don't get something we like/fits when we see it then it will be gone when we go back for it.
After the HD shop, we went to Pizza Hut in Madison Heights. Russell had received a "Book It" certificate for his reading in January and we stopped by to turn that in. We had pepperoni pizza with cheese crust (which we won't buy again) and Russell had a double cheese single serve pizza. After our meal, we went to Walmart across the road. Russell had a little money left from his birthday (Jan 20) and wanted to get some additional Pirates of the Caribbean action figures to go with the ones he had. He found three that were in a chest which will also serve to store his other figures. He is playing with them now. While I was in Walmart I wondered if this was the one that Amy speaks of shopping at.
Found out yesterday that my nephew, Travis, and his wife are expecting in August! All sorts of new babies in our family. All born (or to be born) within 3 to 6 months of each other.
2 comments:
So glad Russell is feeling better and your life is getting back to somewhat normal.
Hate to report that Bruce is running a fever tonight - he is never sick. The nurse at our Beth Moore study tonight said for him to come in tom. morning if he thinks it might be the flu since if you catch it early there are meds that will shorten the process.
I'm praying that I don't end up with it AGAIN!
Nice b-day present!
Post a Comment