Saturday, April 26, 2008

Outer Banks Bike Week 2008

We ventured to the Outer Banks on Friday to head down for the 2008 OBX Bike Week. We got down here around noon on Friday and it has been a beautiful two days. We rode the bikes yesterday and today. This is the first time I remember being at the OBX Bike Week and the weather being so beautiful. It's usually cold and rainy. We both got a little sun today. We remembered to put sun screen on our face but completely forgot about our arms. Ouch! (more so for me than for Chris) There were lots of vendors which we have checked out. We rode down to Sound Park and parked the bikes so the sound was behind them and took pictures. Today we walked down to the beach for a while. I've created a short movie clip of the beach and sound and I'll post that later. I'm experiencing some technical problems trying to upload it tonight.

For now I'll post a picture taken on the sound that I used a cartoon effect on.



Russell went on a field trip Friday to Norfolk. They left at 6:30AM and were scheduled to get back at 8:30PM but didn't get back till 9:30. He told me he fell asleep on the bus on the way home. I'm sure he was tired. He was up off and on Thursday night in anticipation of the trip.



We have picked up a few pirate things for him and he was telling me he had gotten something for me in Norfolk but I'd have to wait till Monday when he got home from school to see what it was. He is with his Dad this weekend.

Our next schedule bike event will be the Hog Rally in Fredericksburg. The three of us will go up for the day.



Thanks to Nett and Mike for letting us stay at their place while in NC!

No comments: