Thursday, April 3, 2008

90 Minutes in Heaven

I purchased this book on Monday and finished it up tonight. It's about a man (Don Piper) that was involved in a terrible car accident when he was 38 years old. He speaks of his experience. He died and went to heaven only to be returned. His mental and internal organs were unharmed but his body took quite a beating. I read it every night - hard to put it down.

In one area of it he talks about losing someone to death. He made a statement...

CAN YOU LOSE SOMEONE IF YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE?

I feel that way with the death of mama. I know where she is and that we will see her again. I know some people don't understand when I tell them that my heart is not heavy but that's the way I feel. It doesn't mean that I don't miss her and go to pick up the phone to call her and see and hear things that I'll say I want to tell her about. It's a peace that passes all understanding. I keep waiting, wondering if I'm in shock and it just hasn't hit me but I don't think that is it at all. I have my emotional times but I always come back to knowing where she is and knowing that I will see her again.

I had to take Russell for a doctor's appointment today and the office is across the road from the hospital. The appointment was a two o'clock. Just about the time we had gotten to the hospital two weeks ago when the ambulance took mama over. We had to wait on the doctor because he had to be at the hospital for a C-section. We were told that it would be about 15 minutes. It turned into a little more than an hour. Turns out there were complications with getting the baby to breathe. I just pondered.... two weeks ago mama was there fighting for her life just as this little one was fighting for it's life. God worked a miracle on the little one with the help of some angels here on earth. God was also good to mama. No suffering no (or minimal) pain. God is good.


He was afraid and said "how awsome is this Place? This is none other than the House of God; this is the gate of heaven." Genesis 28:17

Mama is in a beautiful place with her loved ones, patiently waiting on other loved ones to arrive.

No comments: