Monday, April 21, 2008

Things Children Say

Isn't it something? - The things that kids can say and just touch your heart so?

This weekend, Russell said so many things that touched my heart. He asked me... "Do you know what the best part about Granny was? She died a Christian" Isn't that something? He will also tell me he knows he will see her again in heaven. In my birthday card he wrote "Mom, I know this is a sorrowful time but today is about you so put the bad times behind you." Saturday was an emotional time for me. I could always count on Mama to call me first thing on my birthday and I missed not having that. Last year she made me a lemon meringue pie so I had a slice of one when we went out to eat Friday night. I was thinking about those memories (along with others) and a few tears made their way down my cheeks. Russell asked me what was wrong and told me to tell him so we could pray about it. He tells me this as he puts his arm around my waist and hugs me walking through the parking lot to go into Walmart on Saturday.

I filled up the bird feeders over the weekend and we watched birds yesterday. We had gold finches for the first time and also a chickadee. Also had two adult blue jays along with a young one, some wrens, swallows and a few robins. At one time there were 6-7 gold finches trying to perch on the feeder to get seed with 3-4 waiting in the branches of the tree. By the time I remembered to get the camera most of them had flown away. I took pictures and have posted them below. I couldn't zoom in as close as I wanted when I was taking the pictures and tried to zoom in on the actual pictures but the pictures don't show just how pretty the birds were. Of course we had starlings too but I tried to chase them away. They are so mean to the other birds.






No comments: