Saturday, March 8, 2008

Back To Work On Monday!

It's been nice but my time off from work will soon be coming to an end. <Sigh> All good things must come to an end.

Chris and Russell got their hair cut earlier in the week and both look very nice. Chris also trimmed his beard yesterday.

Russell made the salt dough for his volcano's Thursday when he got home from school. He made three volcano's, one large and two smaller ones. He made two batches of salt dough and had flour all over the place. Maggie thought it was great and was trying to eat as much of if off the floor as she could. She soon found that she couldn't do that - it made her sick. He finally finished and we got the mess in the kitchen cleaned up. The volcano's have dried now and he'll be painting them next week. He *may* put some trees on the volcano's - not sure if I want to have him using a glue gun though. I'll have to help with that.

Chris and I were both off yesterday and stayed in for most of the day. It was rainy. We ventured next door to the new restaurant, "Dogwood", for dinner. He had steak, mashed potatoes and pinto beans. I opted for steamed shrimp, fried okra and a baked potato. It was A LOT of food. We could not eat it all. It was delicious. We will be going back. They were very crowded and had people standing inside the door and on the porch waiting to be seated. Saw a few neighbors there.

The meal scheduled for 2PM today was cancelled. The Bible study group I've been attending was supposed to have a meal today to "close" out our meetings. There is a benefit meal for Debbie Beaver today at five and I understand they didn't want to conflict with that. Lisa was making deer BBQ and I was planning to make what Russell calls "Kristy's special". (brown hamburger, layer in a pan, spread cooked noodles on it, spread spaghetti sauce and cheese on it and heat it in the oven till the cheese melts)

I need to slip over to Waynesboro to pick up a printer cartridge so Russell can work on his science project this week. Next weekend will be the last weekend to work on it before it is due. The project awards will be presented at the parent teacher night. (either March 18th or 19th) I left a message with Christopher to see if they will be around so I can visit.

I've written to several motorcycle organizations to inquire if they are interested in organizing a benefit ride for Afton Christian School. Hope to hear from them soon.

Back to washing and drying clothes! Can't wait for warmer weather!

No comments: