Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Busy Two Days

Had a busy day on Monday. Headed over to Waynesboro to visit businesses and see if I could get donations for the Afton Christian School Auction. I probably visited 25-30 places and left letters with all that did not donate. I only received two items - a pair of diamond ear rings from Lemons Jewelry and a $10.00 gift certificate from Maurices at the Town Center. I have phone numbers for all others and will call them back once they have had an opportunity to discuss with their managers/corporate offices. Hope to go back tomorrow and see if I can gather more things - probably in Staunton and/or Charlottesville. I'll have the week after Easter off as well and will visit places then too.

Dropped by to see Christopher, Ashlen and Justice. Justice is setting up well on her own and very talkative--Babbling on and on. She is always happy every time I see her. She was eating "country breakfast" baby food. Didn't look like anything I would want to eat but she seemed to enjoy it. I'll slip by later this week for another visit.

Mama had a doctor's appointment on Monday and goes back the beginning of April to discuss scheduling a time to have surgery on her back.

Yesterday was spent at the house cleaning a bit. With the rain outside I couldn't get very motivated and didn't get a lot accomplished.

Russell has an appointment for a hair cut this afternoon and once we are home and have eaten he'll begin the process of mixing the ingredients and forming his "volcano" for this years school science experiment. He's making three volcano's and using different chemicals to see what different types eruptions he'll have.

Chris is better and has been working this week. We will spend the day together Friday since it is a holiday for both of us. (Spring break day)

I've been installing software for my camera on our laptop so I can begin to (hopefully) upload and post pictures. I'll have to get busy and take some new ones! I think the last ones I have on there are from Christmas.

Will get a bite to eat for lunch and then get ready to pick Rus up from school. He has enjoyed being able to sleep later this week since I'm not working (he's not the only one enjoying that!)

No comments: